Pay On Delivery
Black rice called as Kavuni Arisi in Tamil is a rich grain which has been grown in India since the Chola period. Due to its anthocyanin content, this rice turns purple when cooked. With powerful disease-fighting antioxidants, this sticky-textured rice contains dietary fibre, anti-inflammatory properties and has the ability to prevent diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and even weight gain.
Essential Nutrients in Karuppu Kavuni
Flavonoid Phytonutrients | Iron | Amino Acids | Vitamin B | Anthocyanin | Antioxidants | Fibre
100 gm black rice has 8.5 gm protein, 3.5 gm iron, and 4.9 gms fibre.
- Before cooking wash and soak the rice for 1 hour
- For 1 cup rice add 3 cups of water in the pressure cooker
- These grains can also be cooked in a Microwave or Electronic Rice Cooker
All grains are semi-milled to retain the husk, which contains several nutrients. These grains can be cooked in a microwave oven, electric rice cooker or a pressure cooker. Please adjust the ratio of water according to your preference.
1) Any kind of liability or violation of the FSS Act and relevant rules and regulations made thereunder is that of the seller and not of Merricart.
2) Product/service information and statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug A dministration or any government authority and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or pre vent any disease. Product/Service reviews are provided by users on the basis of individual experiences and opi nions and do not reflect the views of Merricart. Product/Services information provided by the seller on Merricart is not comprehensive, for complete information please read the label on the product carefully provided by the manufacturer. The results from the products will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as typical.